Creating local buzz – that is, marketing your business to a certain market segment within your community, city, or region – is the first step towards building your market base. How does this work?
First off, local buzz involves creating your brand’s presence on social media. This includes:
- getting your name out on social media channels frequented by your target market
- getting your business listed on popular map sites like Google Maps, Foursquare, Facebook Places, and Bing Local
- leveraging strategies for drawing more paying customers to your business through promotions, events, or special invitations
- encouraging your existing customers to publish positive reviews about your business on social media and reputable review platforms
- encouraging your existing customers to send you direct feedback and discuss your business on social media platforms
- leveraging methods for encouraging your existing customers to invite new customers to try your business and publish positive reviews afterward
The point of all these is to encourage the most readily available customers in your area to visit your business in person AND get the word out about your enterprise in an organic fashion. This is especially helpful with businesses that are relatively new, have only a few satellite branches in certain locations in the same country, rebuilding their reputation through repositioning, or those that aren’t market leaders and wish to increase their customer base.
“But it only got 2.5/5 stars…”
Another key element in social buzz marketing is word-of-mouth, aka reviews.
These days, when consumers want to try out a product or business for the first time, they consult online reviews first on reputable platforms like TripAdvisor or Yelp. It only follows that positive reviews help generate more interest, while even one negative review can significantly and adversely affect a potential customer’s interest in a business. For some, the fact that a business receives ANY kind of review, be it positive, neutral, or negative, automatically translates into interest simply because other people in their peer group have already been there first.
Another reason why online reviews strongly appeal to consumers is that they grant everyone equal opportunity to have their say.
People like to talk. If they see someone else talking about a business, it signals to readers that they can do the same. This in turn encourages them to patronize that business, which justifies their desire to share their own opinion in public. And the more people talk about a product or business, the more readers will want to join in.
More reviewers, more discussions = greater relevance, increased traffic. And we haven’t even discussed how this can improve your SERPS.
Where Do You Fit In?
Imagine if it were your business that people are talking about. Imagine that your 15 minutes of online fame were extended to months, or even years, because more and more people are discussing their personal experiences from buying from you. Your business becomes a household name, a brand of solid repute (provided the positive reviews greatly outweigh the negatives).
Your business becomes a star, because it’s visible, and people talk about it.
Our Dallas local buzz company will help boost your visibility with techniques tailored to your objectives, including:
- leverage social media to spread the word about your business within your area, engage with followers, and keep them updated about your product/service, sale events, promotions, and more
- list your business local business directories including Google Maps, Foursquare, Facebook Places, and Bing Local
- monitor online activity data on your profiles to maximize your engagement with followers
- implement a specific system and venue for customer feedback, reviews, and engagement
- encourage your customers to check in, write, and publish positive reviews about your business in your social media pages, in their respective social media networks, and in review platforms like TripAdvisor and Yelp
- create additional content such as blog posts, sponsored review articles, and website updates to further promote your brand to new and returning visitors to your website
- monitor your traffic growth data so you can expand your marketing strategy, and ultimately your business
- create, optimize, and syndicate your logo
To find out how we can increase your local market and create a loyal following within your community, contact us now for your free consultation.